Alma Mater Europaea/AIPMO postgraduates have unique opportunities to select topics that can directly impact the direction of PPMs and PMOs because AIPMO uses the concept of a “leading” (research driven) PMO standard. This means that research findings clarify confusion, and little understood areas within the PPM and PMO management domain will quickly be included into the training materials and/or exercises of AIPMO certification courses. The research findings will be tested in context of the courses and then used as input to the next version of AIPMO’s PMO Body of Knowledge.
Alma Mater Europaea - ECM & AIPMO
People who make the biggest impact working in and around projects and PMOs should also be recognized as candidates for the C and n-1 levels. Obtaining certifications helps to ensure their depth of understanding in PPM and PMO management and project management, but there is no substitute for a graduate/postgraduate degree, which is typically one of the short list criteria for C-level applications.
The majority of attendees for AIPMO’s IPMO-P and IPMO-E have a degree and around 20% to 40% have an MSc. Approx. 5% have a doctorate and are typically in a PMO director role. AIPMO recognizes the importance of postgraduate degrees from reputable universities/business schools and therefore partnered with Alma Mater Europaea to create the PhD for PMOs professionals in the domain of PPM and PMO Management. Alma Mater Europaea is ranked consistently within the percentile depending on the type of ranking.
PhD in Strategy, Project Leadership, and PMO Management
Alma Mater Europaea - International University Founded by the European Academy of Sciences and Arts in Salzburg, Austria
AIPMO has partnered with Alma Mater Europaea to offer the PhD in the world for professionals who need to understand Strategy, Project, Program, Portfolio Leadership, and PMOs.
Alma Mater Europaea is an international university initiated by the European Academy of Sciences and Arts in Salzburg, Austria. The PhD in Strategy, Project, Program, Portfolio Leadership, and PMOs has been created by AIPMO and the program is jointly delivered by professors from both AIPMO and Alma Mater Europaea – ECM.
This unique program uses the top professors in the world in the project management area and other members of the AIPMO Advisory Board to be available to be assigned as supervisors.
The Alma Mater Europaea PhD in Strategy, Project Leadership, and PMO Management is an integrated work and research program for management practitioners and professionals, who are oriented towards making a significant contribution to the field of strategy, project, program, portfolio management, and PMOs.
- Specialized Doctoral study in Strategy, Project Leadership, and PMO Management.
- Three years part-time study program designed for employed individuals.
- Prerequisites include a university master’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience in project management.
- Proficiency in the English language.
Language and Format:
- Official language: English.
- Blended, online, and in-class participation.
- 60 ECTS per academic year.
- Professors from an international team, representing countries such as Austria, Italy, USA, Germany, Slovenia, etc.
- In-class lectures and research workshops held in major cities within Central Europe (e.g., Zagreb, Vienna, Budapest, Munich, Milan, Berlin).
- Specific venues communicated with students annually.
First Year Curriculum:
- Six courses and two seminars.
- Joint and individual workloads.
- Six weekends of joint in-class lectures with parallel live streaming and recorded sessions.
- Compulsory courses include research design and methodology, quantitative and qualitative methods in project management, and project, program, and portfolio management.
- Elective courses with options such as People in Project-oriented Organizations, Competence Development in Project, Program, and Portfolio Management, Mega Projects and Complex Project Management, IT in Project Management, and Managing Risks, Changes, and Constraints in Projects.
Second and Third Year Focus:
- Individual work primarily on thesis proposal development, research, and thesis defense.
- Participation and presentations at research workshops.
- Active involvement in PM research conferences.
- Publishing conference and journal research papers.
- Case study.
- Thesis development and defense.